A Full-Service Law Firm

Modifying And Enforcing Court Orders

After an order for child support, child custody or alimony (spousal support) has been established, it is possible to obtain an alteration to that order. This type of action is called a petition for modification and requires a permanent, material and substantial change in circumstances of one of the involved parties, that was not anticipated at the entry of the last order one is seeking to modify. In other situations, one party may fail to uphold their obligations.

At the Campbell & Madden, PLLC, our firm provides comprehensive representation to clients seeking a modification, or attempting to prevent a modification from being granted or clients that need help enforcing a court order. By following the correct legal processes, we are better able to pursue the modification you are seeking to ensure that it will be legally binding and enforceable in the future.

Requesting A Modification

When circumstances change, you may need to request a modification to a custody or support order. Our attorneys can help you request a modification for child visitation, child custody (time-sharing), child support or alimony. We handle the modification of the family court orders listed below:

  • Child support (increased or decreased due to a substantial change in circumstances of one of the parents)
  • Child custody (time-sharing) and visitation (to allow more or less time with a parent)
  • Alimony/spousal support (increased or decreased depending on the needs of the parties and the ability to pay)

Any modifications to child support, child custody or visitation must be shown to be in the best interests of the children before the modification can be accomplished.

Enforcement Matters

When a child support, child custody or alimony order is court-ordered and legally binding, it is also enforceable by the court. Our firm assists clients in seeking the enforcement of standing orders to see that the proper payments are made and that the parents get their due time with the children. It is important to have an experienced attorney on your side when seeking the modification or enforcement of a standing child custody (time-sharing), visitation or parenting plan.

Contemptible Actions

There are certain types of violations of family law orders that can result in a contempt action. Contempt is a type of enforcement action that may result in jail time. For instance, if a parent is not paying his or her court-ordered child support or alimony, he or she can go to jail for contempt. We assist clients in either seeking to have an individual held in contempt, or defending individuals against a contempt action that they are facing. Incarceration is a possibility in cases involving child support, visitation denial, alimony and nonpayment of attorney’s fees ordered by the court.

Let Us Help You Obtain A Change

Contact our firm to learn how we can help. To schedule an appointment with a lawyer, call our office in Shalimar at 888-646-1535 or email our firm.

Se Habla Español.