A Full-Service Law Firm
Tough Defense Against Criminal Charges
If you have been charged with any crime, it is of the utmost importance that you find a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer who is familiar with the charges against you and the available defenses. At the Campbell & Madden, PLLC, our attorneys have substantial experience defending a wide range of criminal charges. Whether you need help negotiating with the prosecution or litigating your case at trial, we can help.
Aggressive Representation For A Wide Range Of Offenses
James C. Campbell has over 32 years of experience. We understand the ways criminal charges are handled locally in Okaloosa County and Walton County. Attorney John A. Madden served as a prosecutor in Okaloosa, Walton and Santa Rosa Counties for over six years. If you were arrested for any of the following charges, we can help:
- DUI/BUI (boating under the influence): A drunk driving conviction can have a significant impact on your driving privileges and criminal record. We help clients deal with DUI and the related charge of boating under the influence. We also provide aid to individuals who are under the legal drinking age.
- Drug crimes: Florida has a laundry list of drugs for which you can be charged with possession, sale and other offenses. We can offer you a skilled defense against these criminal charges.
- Theft: Theft charges often arise out of misunderstandings such as failure to return a rented item. We can help you fight theft, shoplifting and related charges.
- Assault and battery: You can be charged with assault for allegedly threatening someone, even if you are not accused of actually striking him or her, which is the separate charge of battery.
- Domestic violence: While domestic violence is often dealt with as a family law matter, if you are accused of intentionally harming or threatening someone in your household, you may face criminal charges for domestic violence battery.
- Juvenile criminal matters: Criminal charges against people under 18 are usually handled by the juvenile courts, which have unique procedures and standards.
- Probation violations: If you are accused of violating the terms of probation, you can be jailed after only a hearing. You need a knowledgeable lawyer to fight for your freedom.
If you’ve been charged with a crime, do not talk to the police about the incident in question. Get help from an attorney right away to protect your rights.
Defending Tourists Against Local Charges
Given the amount of tourism in the beautiful South Okaloosa, South Walton and surrounding areas, it is not uncommon for visitors, including people from out of state or even out of the country, to find themselves facing criminal accusations in unfamiliar territory. We frequently represent out-of-town clients in criminal defense cases and are sensitive to the particular difficulties involved in facing criminal charges in an area where you do not live.