Modifying and Enforcing Divorce Orders

After an order for child support, child custody or alimony (spousal support) has been established, it is possible to obtain an alteration to that order. This type of action is called a petition for modification, and requires a permanent, material and substantial change in circumstances of one of the involved parties, that was not anticipated at the entry of the last order one is seeking to modify.

At the office of Law Offices of James C. Campbell, P.A., our firm provides comprehensive representation to clients seeking a modification or attempting to prevent a modification from being granted. By following the correct legal processes, we are better able to pursue the modification you are seeking to ensure that it will be legally binding and enforceable in the future.

Contact us today to schedule an appointment to discuss how to modify child visitation, child custody (time sharing), child support or alimony with knowledgeable lawyers James C. Campbell . We handle cases in Okaloosa and Walton County and throughout the Florida Panhandle.

We handle the modification of the family court orders listed below:

  • Child support (increased or decreased due to a substantial change in circumstances of one of the parents)
  • Child custody (time sharing) and visitation (to allow more or less time with a parent)
  • Alimony/spousal support (increased or decreased depending on the needs of the parties and the ability to pay)

Any modifications to child support, child custody or visitation must be shown to be in the best interests of the children before the modification can be completed.


When a child support, child custody or alimony order is court-ordered and legally binding, it is also enforceable by the court. Our firm assists clients in seeking the enforcement of standing orders to see that the proper payments are made and that the parents get their due time with the children.

It is important to have an experienced attorney on your side when seeking the modification or enforcement of a standing child custody (time sharing), visitation, parenting plan, child support or alimony order. Contact us today to speak with an attorney about how to ensure that the proper legal procedures are followed when seeking a modification.

Contemptible Actions

There are certain types of violations of family law orders that can result in a contempt action. Contempt is a type of enforcement action that may result in jail time. For instance, if a parent is not paying his or her court-ordered child support or alimony, he or she can go to jail for contempt. We assist clients in either seeking to have an individual held in contempt, or defending individuals against a contempt action that they are facing. Incarceration is a possibility in cases involving child support, visitation denial, alimony and nonpayment of attorney's fees ordered by the court.

Se Habla Español.